Please note: This site use cookies. Some cookies are essential to ensure our website works for you in the best possible way. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site may not work. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, Click here to see our cookie statement. .
Skip to content

New event to focus on kitchen drainage

08 | 05 | 13

Catering equipment companies have been invited to a free event that will focus on commercial kitchen drainage. 

ACO Building Drainage will host a mixture of seminars and clinics, which is due to take place on June 12th at the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health's (CIEH) headquarters in London, Catering Insight reports. 

It is one of several initiatives being run by the company to help raise the profile of hygienic drainage and related issues.

The event will look into the requirements of the commercial kitchen and food processing sectors, as well as highlighting the importance of best-in-class drainage design for creating a hygienic and safe working environment.

Andy Buchan, divisional managing director for ACO Building Drainage, commented: "Drainage is often an afterthought when it comes to the design and build of commercial kitchens and food processing facilities.

"However, when you consider the vital role it plays in ensuring a safe and hygienic working environment, it's clear that it should be an important priority."

CIEH chairman Geoff Ward will speak at the event, as will Chris Northey, Society of Public Health Engineers chairman.

Also present will be Dr John Holah, business development manager for hygiene at Campden BRI, and the Foodservice Consultants Society International's Duncan Hepburn.

"This free educational event features a number of key industry spokespeople who will be highlighting some of the main issues associated with hygienic drainage," Mr Buchan stated.

In other news, the head of a commercial cleaning company has urged caterers to ensure they clean their kitchen equipment properly. 

Gary Nicholls, managing director of Swiftclean, pointed to the example of the Boathouse restaurant in Christchurch - where a fire recently broke out due to a "build-up of material in an extractor fan" - as proof of the importance of thorough cleaning.

Mr Nicholls said that failure to remove grease deposits can not only cause fire, but can also render a company's insurance policy invalid.

"Not investing in adequate cleaning can be an extremely expensive mistake," he added.ADNFCR-16001031-ID-801582739-ADNFCR


PageID: 9

BasketID: 0

AgentID: 371

VisitorID: 14920914